Days out in nature
(organised also by the Centre for School and Out-of-School Activities)
- Podsreda footpath
- Vetrnik footpath
- Geological learning trail Rudnica and Virštanj
- Bistrica gorge
- dry grasslands and orchids
- grassland orchards
- ecological farming
- the nesting place of bee-eater bird (Merops apiaster) in Bizeljsko
- magnificent trees
- Podsreda Castle (medieval kitchen, the exhibition Townsman in the Castle / From Ivan Hribar's Heritage, Fossils and Minerals Exhibition, The renaissance hall with permanent exhibition Medieval Clothes (wood carvings), temporary exhibitions by modern artists)
- medieval market square with pillory in Podsreda
- Levstik's Mill on the Bistrica
- Trebče (Kolar's Farm House – home of Tito's cousin and aunt, Javeršek's Farm House – home of Tito's mother, lime-kiln)
- Slovenian-Bavarian House – (occasional exhibitions)
Creative workshops take place at Christmas and Easter time in the Administration Centre. We make Advent wreaths, Christmas decorations, coloured eggs, Easter bundles and other crafts that help children to learn about our tradition.
At Easter time we organize Easter workshops for children attending schools within the park and for other visitors. We colour eggs with various techniques, we make Easter cards and Easter bundles.
During the Advent time the children from schools in Kozjanski Park make Advent wreaths, Christmas cards, candles from natural wax and other decorations.
Kozjanski Park is a perfect destination for one-day or longer walks and hiking. There are more than 50 kilometres of well-marked footpaths, and our staff takes great care of them. Zasavje Mountain Transversal Trail, Slomšek’s Footpath and European Footpath E7 all cross the area of Kozjanski Park.